The best kind of hosting does not involve the best décor. The heart of the ideas in this article is simply to make your guests feel welcome and comfortable.
Ideas of things to include in the room they will stay in:
- Clean linen and towels, including hand towel and face cloth with a bar of soap.
- A jug of water and glasses or bottled water.
- Bin and tissues.
- Hanging and cupboard space with some hangers.
- An adapter available in the power point that can take 2 pin plugs.
- A mirror and chair if possible.
- A little gift.
- Simple flowers and snacks.
- An extra blanket for winter.
Other things to think about:
- Ask them what they like for breakfast.
- Show them where stuff is in the kitchen so they can help themselves if necessary.
- Try to keep times of chatting short so as not to drain your guests.
- Offer them a spare set of house keys so that can get in if you’re not around.
If you would like to put your name on the list for hosting someone in your home, contact info (011) 616 4073 or email@example.com.