This last Sunday we kicked off our new series “The River”, which looks at Ezekiel 47 in the Bible. God promises that where his river flows – his Kingdom, his rule, his authority, his presence, his love, his holiness – there will be abundant life for all. But we need to get into this river to have it.
THIS WEEK IN LIFE GROUPS
This week (starting 29 January) we’ll be looking at the following scripture and discussing it, in light of our current series.
“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” – John 10:10b
What is the significance, and implication, of Jesus making this promise?
What is the significance of Jesus having come?
3. “…that they may have…”
What must we do to have eternal life, the life Jesus speaks of?
4. “…life and have it abundantly.”
How is Jesus’ promise of life different to the promises of the world?
5. What is our response after hearing this promise?
NOT IN A LIFE GROUP?
We have Life Groups all over Johannesburg. Here’s how to find one:
1. See the Life Groups board at your site (it’s usually marked pretty well, or ask an elder to show you where it is).
2. Chat to an elder / deacon / leader about a Life Group in your area.
3. Call 011-616-4073 for details of Life Groups in your area.
4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for details.
See here for more details on what Life Groups are about.